Im excited to find this topic as I have always been a fan of the PartnerUp community (member since '09) but stop using the site because after all the changes PartnerUp made, as a user, I was getting confused on how to use the site, and how to find what it is that I was truly looking for.
I logged on today because I am in need of a creative outlet to bounce ideas and always loved helping other entrepreneurs.
1) I AM SOOOO GLAD PartnerUP is addressing the spammers/MLMs, etc.
2) I agree with David G. And Andrew Clarke from above- is there a way to have an area for "verified" people, for people who have complete profiles and are really seeking/wanting assistance on ideas/concepts/funding, etc. -people who are trying to network with people for chat/email to help/mentor them along.
3) I find it discouraging when there a 1000 pitches/ sales presentations/etc everywhere but a lack of persons really interested in a mutual professional relationship to help each other.
4) I think it needs to be emphasized somehow that most members on the site are NOT looking to be recruited/ or sold to on something- if there is a forum category to pitch-fine, but if people want assistance on THEIR idea,other members should not try to sell them something else.- its a waste of time and effort.
Possible Growth Area(s)
1) I like the Shark Tank idea David mentioned above, where people can share their idea and others can give their opinions-like the ahhha site but better
2) Maybe having a virtual startup weekend are where people can form groups and develop concepts online together-like Startup Weekend but online.
3) Provide better incentives for members to want to fill out their profile and participate in addition to the points, like user testimonial feature (similar to linked in- or integrated into linked in) and rankings/roles/and/or some sort of verification system.
Long post but I am really interested in this site growing and getting better,and much needed for many people.